Sunday 25 November 2012

March to September

So March was an amazing month for me, I started the month with a trip to Nesscliffe. It was my first time in Nesscliffe and i have never had so much fun in 1 weekend, i managed to toprope a load of routes up to E7 onsight which was amazing for me just need to go back and lead them now.

So that was just the beginning I also Manged to Bag an Onsight of Swinging By The Bell in Vivian and a few other routes here and there including the amazing Left Wall Direct In the Glorious sunshine. I then spent the rest of the month Bouldering In the Pass.

 Most of April and May was spent bouldering and training hard in the Gym. Abit of a shame but it allowed me to up my bouldering and core strength so not to bad, June was a much better month tho with a few E5 onsights. I dedicated a large portion of June to climbing at Tremadog Trying to tick a load of lines, it was quite a success with most of the routes up to E4 being ticked. I did however have a terrible time on Void, me and Bruce set off up Void it was his Big lead and i was happy to second. We climbed the first few pitches and was resting under the pod, Bruce set off and shortly after came tumbling back down ripping a cam and decking out on the ledge. He then proceeded to bounce and roll off the ledge, this instantly blew my psyche, he pulled back on and tried again getting to the top of the pod and the jug. But failing to make the next sequence he lowered off allowing me to have a go. So up i went to the jug had a quick shake and tried to blast through the top moves. The route shut me down tho i was to tired and massively lacking in Psyche, but i persevered and after 5 attempts i made it to the top. Its an amazing route and i cant wait to get back on it when I am abit fitter.

So June was going well and i was enjoying climbing on slate at the time, I had made a few E5 Onsights and got a F7b+ onsight aswell. So when i had the opportunity i headed off to Bus Stop to Try my luck on Scare City, i Figured that i had made a bunch of E5 onsights how much harder could it be so we arrived and i set of on the route. I fell from hard moves after the flake lowered of and tried again getting it on my second go, it was a nice route quite easy but i was dissapointed that i never got the onsight but thats just how it happens sometimes.

September was good I was in and out of Llanberis at the time so i managed to grab an accent of cave route and roadside basic on the cromlech boulders.
Then it was time to head off to Font so we packed the car and drove over, it was a great trip getting some fine lines done, the only burden was the persistent rain which made it difficult to get out. But i still managed a bunch of 6B+ flash and a quick 7A but with Ieuan feeling ill we cut the trip short and headed back to wales.
But hopefully next year will be better and i can get out on some hard problems... we shall see

No comments:

Post a Comment